Conquer Chronic Pain with Clean Eating
After injury, the body has a natural immune response to trauma. Nutrient and Oxygen needs increase while having a sudden spike in catabolic hormones. In short, there is a shift in the needs of the bodies metabolism as its needs have changed in order to cope with and to repair trauma. In brief, clean eating allows the body to produce the most effective response for healing.
Inflammation is a natural and necessary response in the body after trauma. There are three phases of inflammation, acute, subacute, and chronic. As the body goes through the different phases of remodeling, healing can either be assisted or inhibited. Additionally, When there is trauma in the body, the area has limited blood flow, and nutrient absorption. Furthermore, when pain medications are ingested the systolic processes stop, further slowing the healing process.
A good understanding of physiology and the normal repair process shows that there are more effective therapies than taking pain medication. Gaining awareness through meditation actually helps the healing process. Pain medication certainly does numb the pain, however the side effects are certainly worth reconsidering treatment. Medications only slow down and stop natural physiological healing responses of the body, creating a domino effect of problems.
Studies have shown that a Plant Based Diet is most effective to stimulate anti inflammation and other natural responses in the body responsible for healing. Transition from the chronic inflammation back to the remodeling phase is a key step to healing chronic pain naturally.
Inflammation, and the Many Roles it Plays in the Body
Inflammation plays a critical role in many of the bodies natural processes. Functions of inflammation include coating the internal organs and soft tissue with mucus that functions as lubricant during movement. Other roles of inflammation include containing ruptures to localised areas of the body after trauma.
After the subacute or remodeling phase of inflammation, if the body does not heal properly the result will have lasting effects. Symptoms become long term and this type of inflammation becomes known as chronic inflammation. In either case, eating clean has a direct effect on the results of the remodeling phase.
Check Out this Explanation of the Different Phases of Inflammation
Chronic Inflammation Causes a Host of Symptoms
Getting the proper flow of nutrient, and oxygen rich blood to the afflicted area is critical for healing and maintaining homeostasis. Having improper blood flow can cause a number of issues including muscle spasms, which create a snowball of symptoms.
Adhesions(Scar Tissue) already inhibits proper blood flow, and movement. Due to the overgrowth of soft tissue, adhesions are brittle and have a low tensile strength. Movement that is not mindful, or a muscle spasm can easily reinjure and rupture surrounding soft tissue of the afflicted area. Instead of starting at square one with the stages of inflammation, the pre-existing scar tissue in the area further inhibits healing causing a domino effect of problems.
In light of the research, plant based diets have been show to help the body control inflammation from trauma. All things considered, clean eating aids the bodies natural physiological mechanisms and is an effective method to healing chronic pain.
Clean Eating is Critical to Healing Chronic Pain
Food you consume are directly correlated to the bodies inflammatory, proflammatory responses. Below you will find a list of foods responsible for causing an inflammatory response. Healing is your job as no doctor can hand you a magic pill to stop the natural processes of the human body. Inflammation slows, stops, and reverses the healing process, diet plays a huge role when it comes to healing.
Clean Eating Controls Inflammation
- Avoid All Sweets During the Healing Phase
- White Russet Potatoes
- Refined White Flour
- White Rice
- Refined Starches
- Avoid Anything Pre Packaged, Most are Carcinogenic
- Eat four to six times a day, try to get as many fruits and vegetables in as possible. You only need to eat grains and starchy vegetables once per day.
- When it comes to protein, one serving of lean fish, or chicken per day is deal. Avoid eating too many animal products as most are carcinogenic and cause excess inflammation in the body
- Get the right fats, here is a guide on the Endocrine system and healthy fats.
- Drink 3 – 4 liters of filtered water per day
- Limit alcohol consumption, alcohol deteriorates muscle mass
- If you are a smoker, either quit or limit smoking as much as possible. Smoking causes an immediate inflammatory response which can lead to muscle spasm and further injury.
Spices work miracles
- Turmeric, Curcumin, and Black Pepper are all great anti inflammatory spices. Turmeric is actually the best known anti-inflammatory on the planet.
- Capsaicin(The heat from peppers)- Capsaicin is a great proflammatory, helping the bodies natural immune responses work more effectively. When combined together, the effects of the spices above work more efficiently.
Meditation aids control chronic pain, QiGong guides the way to controlling the pain.