Mind Body Practices as well as diet improve physiological and psychological health
Moreover, it is no secret that Yogi’s and Kung Fu practitioners look and feel great. All in all, no one is born with health and confidence.
Health and Wellness are traits that are earned with dedication. In short, there is no magical pill, or cutting edge surgery that can give you health.
As a matter of fact, health is earned with diet and exercise
Mind Body practices have been around for eons and were created to improve performance on the battlefield, as well as heal wounds after.
Practices involves Meditative movement coordinated with the breath. Every session of training incorporated all five elements of fitness.
- Body Composition
In short, the meditative movement is gentle non weight bearing exercise with the same psychological and physiological benefits of aerobic and anaerobic training simultaneously.
Meditative movement combined with non weight bearing exercise is the past as well as the future of fitness.
By the same token, Meditative movement from Mind Body practices have tons of psychological benefits.
Also, Some of the well known benefits are gains in
- Awareness, Calmness, Focus
- Help with Anxiety States, Stress, Depression, Eating Disorders, Overall Mental Health
SiFu Mike Displaying Softstyle Iron Shirt WaiDanGong QiGong
More on SiFu Mike in the Phit4Life Section
Not to mention, one less known benefit of these Mind Body practices is the stimulus of the Relaxation Response.
During times of the Relaxation Response, the Body kicks it self into high gear with healing.
Stimulating a balance release of beneficial endogenous hormones from the bodies lymphatic system. (endocrine system and lymph nodes)
Furthermore, benefits from the hormones are
- Sleep Regulation
- Cortisol Management (Stress Levels)
- Human Growth Hormone Production
- Estrogen and Testosterone Production(Yes both are important men and women alike)
- Insulin Production (Blood sugar control)
- Glucagon, Oxytocin, Adrenaline Production
In short, Mind Body Practices are similar to religious experiences that can not be replicated in the gym.
Mind Body Practices develop indomitable willpower, so that when trouble arises we can continue physical training and healthy diet.
Uniquely, long-term physical benefits of Mind Body training enable the practitioner to have a good quality of life.
Long term benefits of Mind Body Practice include
- Increased Bone Density
- Improved Soft Tissue Extensibility of the Fascia, Muscles, Ligaments, Ligaments Flexibility
With the perpetual practice of Mind Body Training, the Mind becomes easily controlled. In either case, when chaos arises the practitioner learns how to be calm.
The Meditative Movements train the practitioners Willpower Muscles as much as they do the physical body.
Not to mention eating right is just as important as exercise and is 90% of the battle. Many feel like they can eat what they feel like after exercise. Mind Body training allows the practitioner to exercise will power in these moments of weakness.
After all, one pound of fat is about 3500 k calories and one session of exercise on average burns about 250 calories.
Eating Right after exercise is not that difficult and be quite tasty.
Again, here are some simple nutrition tips
- White Russet, Yellow Potatoes
- Avoid All Sweets During the Healing Phase
- White Rice
- Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweeteners
- Refined Starches
- Avoid Anything Pre-Packaged, Most are Carcinogenic
- Eat four to six times a day, try to get as many fruits and vegetables in as possible. You only need to eat grains and starchy vegetables once per day.
- When it comes to protein, one serving of lean fish, or chicken per day is ideal. Try to avoid eating too many animal products as it will greatly affect cholesterol and arterial wall health.
- Get the right fats, A guide on the Endocrine system and healthy fats.
- Drink 3 liters of filtered water per day
- Limit alcohol consumption, alcohol deteriorates muscle mass
- Smoking is a leading cause of loss of gains
Physical training is great for the body. In the long run, meditation needs to practiced to maintain results. In brief, QiGong guides the way to build indomitable willpower.