Nutrition Tips for Thyroid Health – Feeding the Endocrine System
At PhitFacility we try our best to follow the latest Science about nutrition and Follow NASM Guidelines. Other good sources for knowledge are peer reviewed journal studies. Science is the key to understanding the human condition. Eating clean is not a diet fad, it is a way of life. Eating right for thyroid health is critical for maintaining many bodily functions.
“Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine” -Hippocrates
Ingesting good fats is a critical part of keeping the endocrine system healthy.
A host of bodily functions and hormone production is controlled by the endocrine system. Furthermore, the endocrine system is responsible for everything from mood, to your body temperature. Additionally These parts of the endocrine system are all connected to major organs of the body. In any event, ingesting endocrine disruptors are each one of these glands has a vital role in homeostasis
- Pineal, and Pituitary Glands
- Thyroid Gland
- Adrenal Gland
- Small & Large Intestine
- Ovaries or Testes
Keeping the Endocrine system healthy is critical to maintain homeostasis.
Furthermore, the body uses the endocrine system to regulate many bodily functions. All in all the endocrine System is responsible for a host of bodily functions including
- Sleep Regulation
- Cortisol Management (Stress Levels)
- Human Growth Hormone Production
- Estrogen and Testosterone Production(Yes both are important for mens and womens health)
- Insulin Production (Blood sugar control)
- Glucagon, Oxytocin, Adrenaline Production
Maintaining the endocrine system and thyroid do this is by eating the right fats
In this day more than ever to make sure you do not ingest fats that are carcinogenic. Carcinogenic fats disrupt the endocrine system and this causes a host of problems in the human biome. Desirable fats you want to ingest come from these sources
- Fat from Fresh Vegetables, Sea Vegetables have a high amount of highly oleic fatty acids
- Fresh Nuts and Seeds in Moderation
- Wild Caught Sustainably Harvested Fish
Try and avoid adding any fat while cooking, Water, Soy Sauce, and Vinegar for cooking if you do not have access to the right fats.
These fats in Organic form are okay to use while cooking in moderation
- Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Highly Oleic Peanut Oil
- Single Source Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Go with California Estate Unfiltered)
Principles alone are never enough, We must train the Body with the right Diet
Yoga shows us how to build the body, check this video out for a beginners Vinyasa Flow