SAQ Speed Agility Quickness Training w Ninos Ibraham

Speed Agility and Quickness Training Builds All Around Performance

SAQ training (speed agility and quickness training for short) is intense. In essence SAQ training enhances your stability, acceleration and deceleration.

Equally as important SAQ training allows you to dynamically stabilise movement during higher levels of training.

By the same token SAQ training conditions all planes of movement. Altogether SAQ teaches the nervous system how to respond to stimuli in the fastest manner possible.

Programming for SAQ is similar to Plyometric or Reactive Training

Speed – is the velocity or distance you travel in a given amount of time

Agility – how fast you can change motioning from one direction to another

Quickness – the ability to react to external stimuli, or reaction time

In brief, SAQ trainings main goal is to enhance the athletic traits mentioned above.

Speed training is intended to increase stride rate and stride length of any exercise

Speed is the ability to move your body in one direction as fast as possible  (running, cycling, rowing etc.)

Stride rate is the number of repetition or strides you can perform in a given amount of time.

Stride length is the distance that each stride or repetition can propel you forward.

Agility is the ability to start or stop movement in any given direction

In any event agility training requires high levels of neuromuscular efficiency.

SAQ training is not recommended until a comprehensive balance training program has been completed. Maintaining the center of gravity is essential during the rapid movements.

Again, agility training has many benefits

  • enhanced eccentric neuromuscular efficiency and coordination
  • dynamic postural control
  • functional core strength

In brief, agility training makes soft tissue more extensible, which helps to prevent injury during rigorous training.

Quickness means reaction time. Essentially how long it takes the body to produce force according to stimuli

Moreover, quickness is the body’s ability to react to stimuli is critical for athletic performance.

An example of reaction time is this example. Let’s say you are driving a car, imagine if an animal jumps into your path. You want to be able to safely swerve out of the way as fast as possible to avoid collision.

Quickness trains the body to react to mental or physical stimulus, including auditory, visual, and smell.

SAQ training drills are not only for athletes. Exercises can be modified for people in all age groups

Not to mention SAQ training builds an efficient body quickly and is effective for many applications.

Uniquely, modified drills can be created for a variety of applications

In short, some of the more popular applications are

  • weight loss
  • elderly populations
  • youth training programs
  • performance enhancement for athletes

All things considered, SAQ drills build tons of lean muscle in a short amount of time.

One of the main benefits is the amount of stabilization built in such a short amount of time. In essence this style of training creates functional strength for day to day activities, as well as athletic performance.

An intelligent program makes the body stronger and able to handle the excessive forces at play during the rigorous training.

In conclusion the main point in SAQ training is to develop and enhance athletic performance.

Physical training is only 10% of the battle, being able to self govern and make healthy choices is the other 90%. In the long run, Meditation plays a critical role in any true change.

Check out this QiGong Meditation Guide

Share This:

Ninos Ibraham

Ninos Ibraham has over 10000 hours of training in QiGong, Yoga, Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, Nutrition, Body Mechanics, The Human Movement System, Eastern Psychology. Ninos Used to weigh in at almost 400lbs over a decade ago. With research into nutrition, human movement science, martial arts and yoga, Ninos had an amazing 200 lb weight loss in 9 months. What makes it more amazing is that Ninos did this without the aide of doctors, personal trainers, surgical procedures, and magic weight loss pills. Ninos has been a plant based vegan athlete 95 % of the time over the last 11 years.

5 thoughts on “SAQ Speed Agility Quickness Training w Ninos Ibraham

  • December 27, 2016 at 4:40 pm

    I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Plz reply back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks

  • January 22, 2017 at 9:29 pm

    cool routine

  • January 23, 2017 at 4:21 am

    SAQ training is no joke

  • February 5, 2017 at 11:03 pm

    thank you

  • February 7, 2017 at 11:42 pm

    I showed this to my bootcamp instructor, good stuff!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *