Yoga Sutras – Personal Translation of Sutra – Yoga Anushasanam Atha Yoga Anushasanam
Anu – Hass – A – Num – Atha : Yoga Anushasanam Atha Yoga Anushasanam.
- Yoga Anushasanam literally means “Instructions”
Yoga Anushasanam states that words alone will never bring us to our goal, and that without practice we will never achieve union of the mind and body.
Words alone can never be the only practice to unite us with our body, enabling the spirit to do its will.
In order for us to find our mind body connection there must be some type of unification process and Yoga means unification process.
Yoga Anushasanam Atha is the start to a long and healthy lifestyle
By following the instructions passed down for the last millennia, one’s mind and body becomes strong.
In essence, the mind without training is a house cards. Moreover, mind body training has distinct advantages over conventional strength and conditioning.
First off, it is cost effective, as it eliminates the need to purchase costly equipment. You would only need to purchase a few items before starting practice.
Secondly, mind body practices are efficient, they help save you time in your busy work schedule. One 25 – 45 minute session of mind body practice trains all five elements of fitness. Recent studies show that these ancient mind body practices quickly develop strength, cardio, flexibility, endurance, and body composition.
Additionally, the CDC recommends you get four 45 minute sessions of aerobic, and four sessions of anaerobic exercise every week. All this exercise means more time constraints on your already busy schedule. All together mind body practices take care of this problem as they are efficient.
On another note, mind body practices offer meditation and breathwork exercises
Meditation trains the mind so that you are able to better self govern and make healthier decisions.
Breathwork further develops focus and concentration, allowing you to succeed in all of your endeavors.
By and large these two benefits of mind body practice play a critical role in permanent transformation.
Let food be your medicine – Hippocrates
- Eat four to six times a day with meals the size of your fist. Try to get as many fruits and vegetables in as possible. You only need to eat grains and starchy vegetables once per day.
- When it comes to protein, one serving of lean fish, or chicken per day is ideal. Try to avoid eating animal products in excess. Fats from animal products have been directly linked to arterial wall health.
- Eat the right fats, A guide on the Endocrine system and healthy fats.
- Drink 3 liters of filtered water per day
- Limit alcohol consumption, alcohol destroys muscle
- Quit Smoking, it’s a leading cause of inflammation
Long Term Health Benefits of Practice
- Increased Bone Density
- Neuromuscular efficiency
- Lymphatic System, Increased Immune System Efficiency
- Enhanced Beneficiary Hormone Production of the Endocrine System (HGH, Testosterone, Estrogen)
- Cardiovascular Cardiopulmonary System Efficiency, Lowered Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. Decreased Hypertension
- Enhanced Soft Tissue Tensile Strength, Muscles, Tendons, Ligaments, Fascia, and Skin. This helps to Improve Flexibility and Range of Motion through the Joints
Coupled with a WholeFoods based Diet and Exercise, Building the Body of Your Dreams is a Breeze
All in all, stay away from these foods at all costs. In short, these foods are directly linked with the stress response.
- White Russet, Yellow Potatoes
- Avoid All Sweets During the Healing Phase
- White Rice
- Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweeteners
- Refined Starches
- Avoid Anything Pre Packaged, Most are Carcinogenic
On the whole, spices give tons of flavor while benefiting the body.
- Turmeric, Curcumin, and Black Pepper natures science lab in the spice world.
- Capsaicin is a compound found in peppers and helps the spices mentioned above work better.